Monday, January 30, 2012

When You Least Expect It

The saying is true.  Blessings come when you least expect it.
I am in awe of our Lord and what He is doing through all of you!
I would have shouted out a huge thanks earlier except that I was truly speechless. 
Today we received over $300 towards our two little ones adoption funds!
Praise the Lord!
Each day we are one step closer.
Four or five documents required for the dossier are done-- only about a bazillion left to do!
 With how fast I have seen our government whip out documents like our background checks for our home study, and Galina's new birth certificate, John and I have discussed the possibility of Rachel and I traveling sooner than summer if we get our I-600 back in record time.  With that thought comes the excitement that our boys get to come home sooner, but that also leaves us less time to save money and fund raise.
Thankfully we will be getting our tax refund back in the next few weeks, and after all is said and done, it would be amazing to be able to raise at least another four thousand dollars.
As I think that in the back of my mind and decide whether to try selling cookies or go ahead and pre-order the window decals, or do a book raffle, you all go and put your money where your heart is.
Your act of generosity was the gentle reminder that no matter what I do, it is all His anyways.
And He will provide whether I know how or not.
He promises that what we give out of love is not a drop in the bucket. He multiplies it to further His kingdom.
He works in our hearts to join together as the hands and feet of Jesus.
Thank you again.
Thank you for giving me the encouragement to go ahead and order the window decals.
Thank you again for all the suggestions for fundraising.
I applied to put Blogher ads on our family blog Smiles and Trials since they will only consider a blog that is older than three months.  Hopefully they will get back to me soon.
Now, I am thinking of either selling cookies chock full of pecans, oatmeal, and coconut because they ship well and they are absolutely to die for yummy, or doing a book raffle next.  I have a stack of Christian books including Kisses From Katie, One Thousand Gifts, Too Small To Ignore, Erasing Hell, Plan B, Redemption from the Orphan Justice Center, Compassion, Radical Womanhood, When Helping Hurts, Red Letters, Reckless Faith, In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day, and When the Game is Over it All Goes Back in the Box that I thought I could part with for a book raffle.  
Not sure yet. . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blessings!