Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It's Out Of My Hands

$150 in notaries in the last week.
$416 in apostille fees.
$35 for a courier to ensure our dossier is delivered by next week to begin translation.
$200 in shipping.
Around $800 in total, tons of running around, and a bunch of craziness to finish up this last half of our dossier.
But when I think of two precious little boys languishing in an orphanage half way around the world-- it is so worth it.  And I smile.
And though I now have to patiently wait to see when our dossier is safely in the hands of our facilitator, a huge burden has been lifted now that our paperwork is 100% out of my hands. 
Now it is in the hands of others.
I can stress over that or I can be joyful that the Lord has his hand around our dossier.
I am choosing joy.  And I'm smiling to done with the part of the process.

Since posting about sponsoring one of the five bibs so that I can give them to a child in Doyle and Fischer's orphanage, four of them have been sold for $10 each.  Praise the Lord!
Just one more needs a sponsor-- might you be that person?
After meeting with my friend Pam yesterday and getting the bibs, I must say they are so much cuter in real life.  Absolutely adorable!
They are sure to bring a smile to which ever child receives one.  

Thank you for the bids on the tote bag so far.  
Bidding ends tomorrow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With all the craziness of John's work schedule, June was really the only month he could travel.
However, our facilitator said it looked like we would be traveling in May.
Now. . . it looks as if May might work better for John.
Bottom line is we are praying for God's perfect timing.
Please pray with us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wanted to share with you an update on our finances for this adoption.

The Lord has been so faithful bringing unexpected blessings through all of you who have chosen to be a part of the boys' adoption.  Even when I mess up big time like cashing a check and then overlooking it and never sending the items until you remind me-- you have been graceful and understanding.  Thank you so much Sandy for giving me the chance to make things right.

So. . . how much of the boys' ransom has been raised so far?
When we add up the boys' grant fund when we first committed to them, the grant that has been raised through our family sponsorship page on Reece's Rainbow, the donations made to God's Waiting Children on our behalf and the money for the cook books, earrings, decals, and silent auction items the ransom raised to rescue Doyle and Fischer from a life growing up in an institution so far is over 
$13,000!
Can you believe that?
Hallelujah!
Thank you for each and every one of you who made this possible!
We would not be here today without each and every one of you.
Your partnership this far has been such an incredible blessing.
You guys rock!
~~~~~~
But.
 Remember the ransom to rescue our two boys is over twice that amount.
After redoing some paperwork, adding John's plane ticket to travel, another orphan petition fee for a 2nd child, and a few other things, the cost will be around $30,000.
Please pray that the Lord will continue to multiply all of our love offerings for this adoption.-- ours and yours included.

I still have a few cookbooks and lots of sticker decals for sale.
Julia is working on Spring earrings just in time for Easter.
You can even still order the heart and shamrock earrings if you would like.
I have a few more handmade items that people have given to auction off and I hope to complete 2 or 3 more tote bags before we travel.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessings to all of you!
Hope you are having a great week!

Happy World Down Syndrome Awareness Day!!!!




3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the Easter Earrings!

    I love the Heart and Shamrock earrings. Actually those can be worn anytime of year!

    Jennifer

    (looking for a big, cute purse. I'm having issues with things falling out - LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine,
    When you say that you might be traveling in May, does that mean you would bring the boys home then? Or does this adoption require more than one trip?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Your world with God at you side is rocking. I hope you have a wonderful trip. Blessings Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blessings!